- Meet with the leaders of Israel's agritech revolution
- Visit leading Israeli agriculture research facilities
- Participate in the 2nd Annual Agrivest Conference, highlighting some of the country's most exciting young agritech companies and providing a unique opportunity to network with Agritech industry executives
- Get a brief introduction to this unique country, its culture, and history
- 10 nights accommodation + a late checkout using the hotel plan listed below
- Arrival & departure transfers (one per group)
- 16 meals: 10 Israeli buffet breakfasts, 1 lunch and 5 dinners
- 9 days of touring in a private motor coach featuring large panoramic windows, reclining seats and foot rests
- Friendly and professional English-speaking tour educator-guide in Israel
- An educational coordinator who will ensure that you will have "A fabulous Israel Experience"
- All program and entrance fees
- Restaurant tipping in hotels included
- All hotel and airport portage and tipping included
Following the success of
last year's Agrivest Conference in Israel, The Trendlines Group and Mofet
Venture Accelerator have now turned Agrivest™ into an annual event. This year,
participants from abroad have the unique opportunity to turn a one-day
conference into a six-day intensive introductory tour into the Israeli agtech
and investment ecosystem.
This unique four-day
intensive itinerary is intended to give participants an overview of Israel's
world-leading agritech industry. With more than 200 agricultural research
groups, Israel leads in areas as diverse as water management, crop protection,
dairy barn management, and more. Israeli agriculture technologies have been
adopted around the world, and new developments from Israel continue to
contribute to the progress of agriculture.
*Updated prices will follow soon.
DAY ONE December 2, 2013
MAKING THE DESERT BLOOM
- Visit the Volcani Center - Agricultural Research Organization of the
Israeli Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development
- Drive south to the Negev.
- Visit Makhteshim Agan Agrochemical plant
- The Challenge of Agriculture in the Desert: Special program with Ben
Gurion University staff at the Desert Research Center.
- Visit the gravesite of Israel's first Prime Minister, David Ben Gurion,
located on Kibbutz Sde Boker overlooking the Wilderness of Zinn in the Negev
- Drive back to Tel-Aviv
- Dinner on own
Overnight: Tel Aviv
DAY TWO, December 3, 2013
AROUND TEL AVIV
- Breakfast at the hotel.
- Visit the Faculty of Agriculture of The Hebrew University in Rehovot and
meeting with a representative of "Yissum" - The Hebrew University's Technology
- A visit and tour of The Eretz Israel Museum in Tel Aviv
- Agrivest Conference (12:30 p.m. - 20:00 p.m.) - Israel's premier agritech
- Presentations by industry leaders from Israel and overseas
- Presentations by exciting young agritech companies
- Networking with industry leaders
- Cocktail dinner and wine reception
Overnight: Tel Aviv
DAY THREE, December 4, 2013
ALONG THE JORDAN VALLEY
- Breakfast at the hotel.
- Visit Maagan Michael Aquaculture Hatcheries
- Visit Kaiima, developing a novel non-GMO seed and breeding technology
- Visit Bio-Bee Biological Systems in Kibbutz Sde Eliyahu, a unique company
which mass produces and implements beneficial insects and mites for
- Visit Capernaum on the shores of the Sea of Galilee
- Drive to Jerusalem
- Dinner on own.
DAY FOUR: Thursday, December 5, 2013
A MOSAIC OF JERUSALEM
- Breakfast at the hotel.
- Depart Jerusalem and drive south to Migdal Oz for a field visit at the
Mofet Venture Accelerator, Israel's leading early-stage agritech investor.
- Return to the city and meet with an Israeli Senior Government Official.
- Visit the Old City of Jerusalem,walk through Jerusalem's famous Old City
Market (shuk) and visit the Western Wall.
- Festive Farewell dinner with keynote address
- Group rates are per person based on double occupancy and a minimum of 15 full paying participants per bus. Should the number of participants drop below the minimum listed above, we will adjust the cost of the trip to reflect the additional expense of operating the program.
- Tour prices are per person in U.S. dollars. All hotel accommodations, motor coach transportation, special dinners, sightseeing, admissions, luggage handling and the services of local guides, drivers, and the tour guide/educator are included.
- Hotel Accommodations: The tour price includes all hotel accommodations, in hotel rooms with private baths. Our standard is to provide the best available hotels while considering value. Although the level of the accommodations may differ slightly from hotel to hotel, we are committed to your comfort. Two-bed rooms are reserved in most hotels. Triples are two-bed rooms with a rollaway cot where available and are not recommended when considering the comfort of those in the room. King-size beds are not available in most hotels; what is considered king-size usually consists of two single beds pushed together and made up separately, but with one headboard. Some two-bed rooms may have two twin - not full- or queen-size - beds.
- Meals are included as specified in the itinerary.
- Expedition Director / Tour Educator or Guide: All trips are conducted by our tour educators or local guides who remain with the group throughout the tour.
- Gratuities Included: All gratuities for restaurant staff are included.
- Baggage: All tour packages / group tours allow one piece of luggage per person and one carry-on bag. Excess luggage will be subject to charge of up to $100 per piece. The Travel Agent and/or Tour Operator, shall not be held responsible for any damage to or loss of luggage/personal items. All damage/loss must be reported at time of incident and documented in writing by local authorities for submission to the insurance company. With regard to airline baggage allowance, different carriers have different regulations for business and coach, please check with your individual carrier with regard to permitted number of pieces, weights and dimensions. The tour operator is not responsible for fees levied by any air carrier for the transport of personal belongings of any kind.
- Airfare to the tour departure point and from the tour ending point is not included.
- Airfare may be purchased from us for travel originating in the United States. Please see Flights tab in the right-side toolbar.
- Personal Expenses: All personal expenses such as: laundry, valet service, cables, telephone calls and postage are not included.
- Guide and Driver Gratuities:
In keeping with normal standards in international tourism, we recommend the following for tipping:
- 10-19 passengers: Guide $10, driver $5 - per participant per day
- 20 passengers and more: Guide $8, driver $4 - per participant per day
- Airline Security Measures: In the U.S., you must provide identification in the form of a passport at the time of airport check-in for travel to international destinations. Your passport name must match the name on your tour reservation and airline ticket or you may be denied boarding.
- If you are traveling from an airport outside the jurisdiction of the U.S, you will need to determine what travel documentation and identification is required for that particular airport.
- Due to heightened security regulations, certain items such as a metal nail file, pocketknife, cigarette lighter or tweezers, and some liquid, gel, or aerosol items may not be permitted in your carry-on luggage. Please call your airline prior to departure to obtain current information on non-permissible carry-on items and recommended airport check-in times. You may also wish to visit the Transportation Security Administration website atwww.tsa.govto obtain more information on acceptable identity documentation and prohibited luggage items.
- Air Services: Once issued, tickets are non-refundable. Airline schedules and flights are subject to change without notice. We will not be responsible for penalties incurred for tickets, international or domestic, not issued by us due to schedule and/or flight changes. Airlines reserve the right to demand immediate issuance of tickets whenever they determine that specific flights are heavily booked even when normal ticketing rules do not require tickets to be issued until a later date. In this instance, we will require immediate and full payment of the airfare and airport taxes and fees as itemized on the invoice. This situation overrides invoice terms and conditions and payment due dates. If full payment is not received, seats will be cancelled by the airline and may not be available to be rebooked on the same flights or at the same airfare. Any replacement air arrangements and airfare will be the sole responsibility of the passenger. We suggest you contact your travel agent or the carrier several weeks prior to departure for seat assignments. Passengers are responsible to reconfirm their flights 72 hours prior to departure for all flights. Package is based on discount fares for group travel. Group members deviating from group dates will be charged a $75 deviation fee per person.
- Holidays and Museum Closures - Museum visits and personal shopping time may be disrupted due to unforeseen circumstances or the many religious, state and local holidays locally observed in the destinations being visited
Photography During Tours: We will occasionally use photographs taken by fellow guests or your trip director for promotional purposes. If you prefer that your photo not be used in any marketing activities, please notify us at the start of your tour.